Saturday, April 30, 2011

you can come over to my place if you want to

last night was my photography show. my mom brought me flowers. it went pretty well - i had 20 pictures up. i sold half of them. if i do a show like that again - i think i need to have more photographs. like 50. and more small ones. and multiples of prints. but - that all takes a lot of money and investment. so, maybe that's a long-term goal. i think the truth about why i have art shows is because i like having all my friends in one place. this doesn't get to happen for me very much, but i got to have my work friends, my family, my church friends, my non-church friends, and my friends from childhood all in one place. dear lord, thank you.

so this morning i woke up to the most beautiful saturday morning that i ever could have dreamed of. i cleaned the apartment, took some clothes to the goodwill, and now i'm waiting for steve so that we can get some mexican food and wander around frick park. steve's leaving in a little more than a week or so. mostly, i just feel so glad that i got to live in the same place as him. maybe some day we'll end up in the same place again - i sure hope so. he's one of the greatest friends i'll ever have.

the last few weeks have felt like the happiest times of my life. i am so grateful for this life and the journey. it's wild, man. and i'm just so happy to be part of it. i'm always learning that i'm in control of most of how my life goes - at least my own happiness. if it's not perspective, then it's something else. and if it's something else, then you better be brave enough to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment