Friday, April 29, 2011

there we are.


at the end of my life, i suspect somebody might ask me, "who are you?" and i will answer, "i am my mother's and father's daughter, and my brother's sister." this weekend, my dad finally moves home after 2 years of living in boston.

every day, i feel more like my mother. and more like my father. and i see in my brother more and more the reflections of my mother and father too - just, different - and in him, i start to see me too. i just want to soak it all up for as long as possible.

i realize that i can't make it on this journey without them. i realize that they hold the answers to so many of the questions i have. my identity, my being, my past and future are all indelibly linked to my family. i am, literally, nothing without them. i exist because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment