Sunday, August 23, 2009

we will see when it gets warm


everyone from the team has left the canyon. this leaves me a little more "alone" time and with a lot more to think about. with time and distance now beginning to separate us, my head is clearing and my reflections on the summer are becoming less scattered. a correction: my reflections on community this summer are becoming less scattered. my time here is polarized: my story and our story. and rarely do they seem to overlap. the most obvious difference seems to be that my time here is not finished / our time here is finished. other differences seem to be that my personal time has been fantastically vibrant, loving, happy, spiritually-focussed and peaceful. my time here as a member of a community seems to be the opposite. as a whole, the group ended up being fantastically divided, disjointed, and sort of an embarrassment to christian community. individually, there was reconciliation and peace made between me and the "others" - we learned not just to love each other, but, i think, even like each other. this summer, for the most part, has been about me - alone, individual, independent - and my relationship with the community was an extension of this. i had success with the team. but i don't think the team, as a whole, was successful - rather a complete and total disaster. learning to deal with things when they're just fine - not great. and being excited to start looking forward to returning to real community and friendship.

oh, it's a picture of the moon from the street i live off of. i'm really happy that this picture is as awesome as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment