Monday, October 26, 2009

home again

i am home, safely. i am home, finally. i am home, despite a fiasco. i am home, happily. i am home, where love isn't complicated. i am home, where kids play in the street. i am home, where the waitress gives me a hug and knows my order before i sit down. i am home, where my friends adore me and i can see it in their eyes and their smiles. i am home, where my mom makes me baked apples. i am, thank God, home. laurie and i walked to ritters yesterday. there was an old man, who looked tough - or at least - gruff. it was a beautiful fall day. the sun was even out. he had the windows down. he was blasting norah jones. that was when i knew that i was home.

i will post pictures from the trip home eventually. i need to put some space between me and the trip before i'm ready to look at the pictures and share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment